Here’s a rapid fire dump of some stories that remain in my “to post” box.
Yes, one’s that are trying to get away.
- The first kangaroo genome has been sequenced (it’s actually a wallaby, but technically there is no distinction). I wonder if they will try and outdo the Opossum paper with number of authors.
- FAIL: Australian scientists managed a breakthrough with DFTD. They took the one devil they had that was immune to the allograft cancer, and gave it cancer. “Professor Woods said the development was a setback“.
- Bees on cocaine have a good sense of direction, but no sense of proportion.
- RNA Biology will be making scientists contribute to wikipedia or they won’t publish their work. Blackmail, it works.
- Watch an evolution algorithm paint the mona lisa.
- Japan held a exhibition competition for the world’s stupidest robots. Again.
- Arakawa in Tokyo has banned feeding of stray animals.
- Cracked.com has a list of 7 people who tried and failed to sue science for the most stupid of reasons