So tomorrow, having had recovered from the last few days of furious drinking, running and cleaning, I’ll be making the almost 1000km drive up the Pacific Highway back to Brisbane (in an awesome big red shiny car*).
So here is a quick linkdump to keep you amused – until I get housing, employment and classes fixed posting may become even more irregular than usual. Bear with me, on the positive side, I should be able to amp up the quality of my posts as I will now be (A) student with nothing better to do, (B) be in a better mood than recent months.
- I think this experiment explains why I think physics is insane and will cause your head to explode (you have been warned)
- With biology you get to have fun without creating a paradox that causes your brain to explode. Check out the TimeTree of Life. It’s always difficult frustrating to trawl through various papers that ultimately disagree on at least some level as to when certain clades diverged. This neat tool pretty much indexes all the relevant papers and can pop out divergence times at the click of the button, complete with reference. Protip: check that the name you are using refers to what you think it does (I had trouble when I used Echidna to represent Monotremata)
- Need to buy something in private?
- The future is NOW… in a bookstore near you
- I wonder if I would get in trouble for printing this out and taping it to a classroom wall?
- Are you a scoftic? You know who you are Mr Nobody-Needs-Vitamins
- via The Scientist’s forums – awesome stem cell micrograph flickr gallery
- Some of you may have seen this awesome optical illusion – but check out the examples of it in action by commentor Grand Dizzy – here, here, here, here and here
*FACT: Red ones go faster
Image credit: explodingdog